Mission Statement: The mission and goal of the GOYA (Greek Orthodox Youth of America) ministry, is to lead our young people, grades 7-12, into experiencing the Holy Orthodox Faith. By developing a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and becoming active sacramental members of the living Church, our young people will be equipped with tools necessary to assist them in their journey toward salvation. The National Department of Youth and Young Adult Ministries recommends that the GOYA ministry be based on the following four characteristics: Worship (Liturgia), Fellowship (Koinonoia), Service (Diakonia), and Witness (Martyria).
- Please like and view our Facebook page!
- Click here for GOYA's online calendar (subject to change).
- Check out Be the Bee (www.youtube.com/y2am and BeTheBee.goarch.org)
REGISTER AND JOIN GOYA!
- New GOYANs must fill out a health/registration form. Forms must be turned in to Nick Junes
- GOYAns must also pay dues of $30 per year
GOYA BOARD 2018/2019
- President: Maria Sarantis
- 1st Vice President: Iliana Tzafolias
- 2nd Vice President: Sammy Sarantis
- Treasurer: Maria Papas
- Recording Secretary: Anna Moratis
- Corresponding Secretary: Alexandra Lagos
- Historian: Evi Euripides, Susanna Lampros, and Leon Porter
- Sergeants at Arms: Alex Chelpon and Strati Bohle
- Fr. Costa Pavlakos, Spiritual Advisor, 571-213-1109
- Dean Chelpon
- Linda Moratis
- Effie Sarantis
- PJ Stathis
BOYS BASKETBALL COACHES
GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH
- Faye Kranis, Girls Coach: 571-214-4835
These Archdiocesan Guidelines are offered to assist the local parish in continuing to create, enhance, and improve their GOYA ministries. These are guidelines – not by-laws. They are in no way intended to be the ultimate authority in GOYA programming. Rather, they are intended to guide the youth worker in the fundamental tenets of the GOYA ministry. These Guidelines have been reviewed and revised by the Archdiocese Youth and Young Adult Ministry Team, which is comprised of each Diocese (now Metropolis) Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry throughout our Archdiocese.
*The office of president shall be served by a high school senior. If no senior runs for the office of president, a junior may serve. The president may serve no more than one 1-year term, to allow for more GOYAns to have that leadership experience which will enable him/her to put that information on their college applications. In order to hold an office on the GOYA board, the GOYAn's parent(s) must be stewards of Saint Katherine Greek Orthodox Church. In addition, in order to hold the office of president, the GOYAn must have served on the GOYA board in another leadership capacity for at least one year.
Macarius the Great of Egypt; Mark, Bishop of Ephesus; Arsenius of Corfu; Makarios of Alexandria; Makarios, Hierodeacon of Kalogera, Patmos; Removal of the Honorable Relics of Saint Gregory the Theologian; Branwallader, Bishop of Jersey