Youth Catechetical (Sunday) School
Emily Vazquez-Archer, Coordinator
Please register for the 2022-2023 Sunday School year by scanning the QR code below or visiting this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NpkbtJS5gqf2_mBQ-eon29qoNKUD0kJNAxRSnGJp2RY/edit.
Sunday School begins on September 18, 2022 and ends on May 21, 2023. The Sunday School calendar and other information will be posted when available.
MISSION: In the words of St. Paul in his letter to the Colossians, the Church’s mission is to . . . “present everyone as fully mature in virtue of their union with Christ” (Colossians 1:28). To encourage and develop this enduring and personal communion with the Holy Trinity, we need to; be invested in worship in the Divine Liturgy, honor the Church’s Holy Traditions, and grow in our knowledge and practice of the Holy Scriptures. These are the keys to our growth in grace.
OBJECTIVES: To provide foundational and practical Orthodox Christian Education from pre-school age children through mature adult. This is to be accomplished by:
- Providing separate age group classes with age appropriate and age relevant curriculum.
- Providing students with a comprehensive, working knowledge of Orthodox beliefs and practices.
- Tailoring teaching to answer questions and assist students in facing real world challenges to their faith.
- Providing students with the spiritual and moral foundations to address their varied and complex spiritual, intellectual, psychological and emotional needs.
- Fostering and developing mature and committed Orthodox Christians with an Orthodox world view.
• All classes will begin at 9:30am and dismiss at 10:30am.
• All students and parents are encouraged to attend the Divine Liturgy together. You have a choice of the 8:30am Liturgy or the 9:30am Liturgy.
• Students and parents are encouraged to be involved in special events sponsored through the Sunday school program (i.e. Christmas Pageant, Oratorical Festival, etc.).