Young Adult League
Young Adults in their 20s and 30s
Faye Anson, President
Nick Junes, Pastoral Assistant
Welcome to the Saint Katherine Young Adult Ministry page! The YAL in Northern VA and D.C. is one of the most active and energetic YAL scenes in the whole country. Get involved, meet people, explore your faith, enliven your spiritual life, and have fun with our YAL ministry!
- YAL (Young Adult League) is a ministry for young adults in their 20s and 30s.
- The mission of the Greek Orthodox Young Adult League (YAL) is to cultivate and educate our young adults (18-35 or thereabouts), leading them to the fullness of the Faith and likeness of God. By utilizing the four circles of Christian living – Worship, Witness, Service, and Fellowship, young adults are integrated into the life of the Church, enabling them to become active members of the body of Christ.
- YAL allows young adults to connect with other Orthodox groups in the area, nurtures spiritual growth, and provides opportunities for those wanting to serve their Church and local community.
Potluck and Discussion Thursday, May 4th 7:00-9:00pm
- Potluck Discussion and Gathering
- Topic: "Stress Today and the Orthodox Perspective"
- Bring a snack or food item!
- Apartment Complex:
- 4301 N Henderson Road Arlington, VA, 22203
Our Greek Festival - Sunday, June 2-4
- Saint Katherine Greek Festival
- Come help out and enjoy Greek food and culture!
Winery Tour Saturday - June 10th, 11:00am
- Winery day!
- Enjoy the fruits of the earth and good fellowship
- With Saint Sophia YAL
- We will probably have a tour bus that will take us to different wineries for about $25 a person (not including wine costs)
Saturday - June 24th, 9:00am
- Combine forces with GOYAns for a good day hike
- Precise hike TBD
Email email@example.com so that you can be added to our database! Look to the Sunday bulletins, the monthly newsletter, and your emails for YAL information.
Also, check out our facebook page!
11th Sunday of Matthew; Samuel the Prophet; Holy Martyr Luke of Bouleutos; Afterfeast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary; Stephen, First King of Hungary; Hierotheos, Bishop of Hungary; Oswin the Martyr, King of Deira